We told ourselves we would wait a few months before getting another dog. We waited 5 days I think! I left for Women of Faith in Dallas the week we put Mable down. Sean had been in DC all week and we actually didn't see each other all week because he came home the day I left, so it was a full week of single parenting between the two of us. The kids were sick that week, Mable was gone, and I was by myself! Thankful for grace during those hard days. Grace to just let it be, don't compare, take it all in, and know it's temporary. Anyways, while away the girls and I looked at dogs on Noah's Ark Animal Shelter page and I saw a beautiful lab I really wanted. Hinted at Sean to have him waiting for me when I got back. This got our wheels spinning that maybe, just maybe, we would get a dog sooner than anticipated!
Sick day with both kids at home....the weather was nice so we spent an afternoon outside painting. I love that they enjoy this.
Harper began her "serious eyes" phase. She does this face when we are trying to get her to smile without squinting and tell her to open her eyes. It's HILARIOUS!
Women of Faith in Dallas with my friends! Angie May, Brittany Martin, and Alana Carreon. So.Much.Fun
Cross in the background completely coincidental, but totally cool
We hit IKEA the moment we got to Dallas. It was amaze-balls
And here she is....Luca. I went to Noah's Ark determined to get the lab. I pet him and just didn't feel like he was the one for us. This sweet girl was quietly standing in her kennel, and they said she had been left without any information and no one had claimed her or visited her. She was smart, they said, and could sit and shake. I pet her for about 5 minutes before deciding I had to have her! Sean stopped by and he fell in love with her immediately. We took her home that night without our kids ever even meeting her! It was risky but turned out to be the best thing. She is seriously amazing. She filled a hole in my heart! She is around 3 years old, and a german shepherd mix (we think part lab). I prayed over her in the car on the way home that she would know she was loved and wanted!
working that lefty tripod grasp- makes OT momma proud
Homecoming Friday- I ended up being so sick this day with fever and aches. Sean took the kids to the parade.
That weekend we went to Lubbock for the TTU homecoming game. Shelby was nominated for homecoming queen so we wanted to go. I still felt under the weather but managed and we had a good day. Took the big kid and left Harper with Nana.
And a week later we were back at Noah's Ark to get this girl. Yodi. She is a corgi mix and just adorable! We thought it would be perfect to have a big and small dog. Turns out Yodi was an escape artist and we couldn't keep her in our yard. She was full grown when we got her so getting bigger to not fit through the fence wasn't going to happen. A sweet family new to town tried her out and fell in love with her. She is their fur baby now! But we got to have her for a week...
Look who made it back to us.....sweet Mable Lou. She's now on the shelf with Zoe May
This dog....she thinks she's a bitty little lap dog and is on the couch with us all the time! She hangs out on my bed when we aren't home. I love her.
Pumpkin Patch 2015!
Celebrating 36! Age is just a number and I feel better now than I did in my 20s!
Pumpkin painting
Both kids got the good citizen award on the same day! We are so incredibly proud of them.
Pumpkin carving! We did all the fun fall stuff this year....
Found mom's old Halloween wig from the Incredibles costumes. So funny!
Harper had a fever this weekend so we ended up skipping church. Sean was playing on praise and worship so he went. I took them to the park instead and got some fun pics.
The tooth losing marathon begins.....
Just marveling at this handsome man I call my husband! And he wears purple!!
Sophia completed her first science fair project- Bubbleology. She ended up winning first place for her grade!
Halloween weekend came and we had company. Sean's best friend from high school lost his dad and he and his wife came to stay with us. It was great to spend time with them. Harper was Peter Pan (an evil looking one here!), Grayer a storm trooper and Sophia Tinkerbell.
And that wraps up October!
No comments:
Post a Comment