Grayer has offiically settled into a routine of napping for 40 minutes. I don't know why, but his sleep cycle seems to be 40 minutes, and he will almost always wake up after this amount of time has passed. I could even set a timer to it, it's so exact. Could somebody please tell me what the deal is with this?? Has anyone else experienced this?? Sophia did the same thing around this age (3-4 months). I had written in her baby book that she was taking three 45 minute naps a day. What's frustrating is that we can hardly ever get him back to sleep, even though he's obviously still tired. I guess the good news is that he's predictable, but the bad news is that it doesn't give me much time to get anything done. Oh' well!!
On another note, Sophia is doing amazingly well with her monster of a cast. She doesn't complain a bit, and she's getting used to her "beauty shop" baths (on the kitchen counter, head hung in the sink to wash her hair!) The biggest bummer is that we've had to stay inside a lot, so we're missing the outdoors! But, with fall in the air, hopefully cooler weather is coming soon.
Sophia and I decided that if she had to wear tube socks over her cast, at least they were going to be fun and stylish. We dyed some pink, and fabric painted several others. This one, as you can see, has her name and polka dots on it.
4 comments:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the terry cloth suit!! And such a sweet smile to go with it! He still looks like you, mama:) Love you guys!!
Aunt Jolie
His face has changed a bit...matured I guess....because he has a slightly different look about him...cute of course!!! I have a friend who had a baby boy the same week you had Grayer and he weighs 18 lbs...So Grayer is a little tiny thing ;)
Nicole
Too cute, kids are so tough when it comes to injuries. Grayer makes my 22 lb 11 month old not look so bad. It's just cute baby fat!!
Tara! I know, you're thinkin' why in the world is Keri sending a comment? Well, it's been nice to keep up with ya'll on your blog. I couldn't help but see your note about Grayer's sleeping pattern. This could be the "big four month transition". Jace went through this at 4 months and I STILL remember how frustrated I was! He did the exact same thing! What I was told by a reliable source, was that it was his little body telling me he was ready to drop one of his naps. So, after stretching him out a little longer betwn. naps, it worked! He went to one fewer naps a day and they were fuller naps. We were both happy. Sorry for the long note, but hope it helps. ~Keri and Kendall Perkins
Post a Comment