Friday, October 10, 2008

Some Thoughts on Motherhood




When you spend day in and day out with your kids at home, you get to see every detail of their little lives. It's a blessing.....although there are those days when I want to pull my hair out, those days are few and far between. The hardest times are those when both of them need me with the same intensity at the same time. I just try to prioritize the best I can, but I'll admit that sometimes I do a good job, other times I don't do such a stellar job. Sophia has a way of melting my heart, like when I'm taking her to the potty, and she says with such appreciation, "I love you, mommy". Or when she's drawing and we write her name out, and she's able to tell me all the letters in her name. She's so bright - my smart little cookie! She's such a little momma to Grayer also. Yesterday she promptly went to get a diaper, and told me "I'm going to change he diaper , mommy". She really thought she was going to get that done with one arm I guess. We're super excited to announce that she's been in panties now for 5 days with no accidents. Whoo Hoo!!! It's been a long time coming, so I'm glad that she's officially potty trained (in the daytime at least). Grayer is such a momma's boy. Sean says he needs a shirt that says "boob man", because he's attached to me in more ways than one! He is really one of the sweetest babies I've ever been around, and I'm not just saying it because he's mine. His temperament is wonderful. He laughs out loud so easily now, and smiles at the simplest of things. God sure has blessed Sean and I with two amazing little people. Someday I'll look back and miss these days of being home with them, so I'll try to treasure every moment now.

No comments: