Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ruidoso Fun & Other Pics

This past weekend we went up to Ruidoso and stayed with the Martins at their cabin (thanks Lane & Brittany!). We had lots of fun, and also got to meet up with our friends Chad & Amy. All 6 kiddos got to play together. It was lots of fun. I got some great pictures of all the kids except for Ellis. Somehow she escaped my camera! The weather was beautiful.....it was cool and rainy. It was a really nice getaway weekend.
Grayer and Audrey preparing to destroy magazines

After I took a picture of Dathan, he asked to see it. It was so cute.....he grinned at me real big and said "that's Dafan"! Love that.

Sophia couldn't get enough of this chair that was just her big. It even rocked!

3 of the brood hanging out together (Grayer, Audrey, and Kacy)

After we got home from our trip, I wanted to try out this fun idea that Brittany and I had found on one of the crafty blogs that we stalk.....hahaha! It was a recipe for sidewalk chalk paint. Very fun. It's equal parts cornstarch and water (2 tbsp each), plus a dash of food coloring. It goes on the concrete wet, but dries looking like chalk. Here Sophia was figuring out one of the ways to make a handprint on the ground.

She tried this way first

Her precious little hands. Fair warning: it took some serious soap, water, and scrubbing to get the green off!

playing with one of the fun features on our camera, where you can highlight just one color

our little one after he's woken up from a nap

Today Sophia drew this picture. She told me it was Daddy. Pretty good I thought.


No comments: