Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Month of Firsts

November was a month of "firsts" for Grayer and Sophia. Sophia experienced going to the movies for the first time with Sean. He treated her to the kiddy meal, which included candy, a sprite, and popcorn! Of course, she loved that part. They went to see Bolt, some movie about a dog. She had a good time, and now Sean has a little movie buddy again (other than me!). She also had her first pedicure. I know, I'm starting her young!! A friend of mine and I took our girls to the local beauty college for pedicures, and they had a blast. Sophia loved having her little feet soak in the warm water and then lotion rubbed on them. Also, she got to pick out her toenail polish.....she picked pink. That's my girl.



Grayer decided to roll over from his back onto his tummy for the first time at his 5 month appointment with his pediatrician while he was on the exam table. He hasn't actually done it since independently at home, but he's this close. He also had solids for the first time about a week ago.....rice cereal, yum. He is eating it really well, considering it smells like paper mache or something. I don't know how babies eat that stuff. I guess that's why you start with that instead of something that tastes decent. He seems to like it, which is all that matters. He wore a Texas Tech shirt for the first time, since the Red Raiders had a pretty exciting few weeks there. He also started prop sitting for very short amounts of time. He can kind of balance for about 5 seconds because he's chubby, but then he topples over. All in good time.....






No comments: