I've decided that I have to be one of God's favorite kids. You know, He is so good to me. This past week He has shown me His faithfulness and favor is so many little things. Things that someone may just count as good luck. It's totally not just good luck.....it's God's goodness! We have been getting lots of medical statements and bills for Sophia's little mishap in September. Thank goodness, we have good health insurance. However, our part still adds up when you visit so many different hospitals in 3 days! First off, everything, and I mean everything, that we received at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children was free of charge. We do not owe a dime to that hospital. This is really amazing, considering all of the care Sophia received there. They are a non-profit hospital that runs purely on donations. No patient has ever been charged for services there. Coincidence??? I think not. God had his hand in getting us to that wonderful place. Anyways, back to the bills. Last week I went into our hospital to pay two bills that I had, and when I told her I was going to pay in full, she looked at me and said, "I think I'm going to give you a 20% discount". Whoa!!! Thank you!!! I was so grateful. Then, on my way home from the hospital, an old lady pulls out into my lane and I swerve and avoid a nasty accident. This all occurred within a 20 minute time frame. And, today when I took Grayer in to the Dr. for a visit, I talked to the nurse about Sophia's flu shot. They have this massive waiting list that I had called last week and put her name on, and today she told me, if you want to go ahead and bring her in today at 1pm, we'll give her the flu shot. No waiting???? This is good news. Bad for Sophia, but good to get it over with. All of this to say that everyday God shows up in my life, and I am so thankful to Him for all of the ways He chooses to bless me (and my family). He is a good, good God!!
On a side note, Sophia handled the flu shot well, and Grayer got 2 shots today for his well-baby visit. He was 5 months old yesterday, and weighs 19lbs 2oz.
1 comment:
I think God surely enjoys blessing you especially for your acknowledgment of His goodness in your life and your thankful spirit. I would have to agree God is so, so good! Thanks for sharing. I love seeing His hand work in people's lives.
Nicole
Post a Comment