My titles are so boring these days! December came and with it Harper started getting into literally EVERYTHING! I feel like all day long she pulls stuff out and I put it back. She pulls it out again and I put it back again. This house is not arranged in a way that I can close a lot of it off, so she gets into her fair share of spaces. She loves to explore though and it's just a mess so I let her. By this point, Harper had FINALLY began to sleep through the night most nights. I stopped nursing her in the middle of the night, and when she woke we would let her fuss some unless it went on for awhile then one of us would go in and rock her. She is an early riser though, often waking up at 5:30 even though she doesn't seem ready to be up. Another Grayer! We celebrated her first Christmas at the end of the month. Here are some pics from our December!
If it can be pulled up on, she's doing it. This picture made me think of Spiderman. Ha! She just needs the sticky hands and feet.
Oh.my.word.
We were getting ready to have some one year pictures of her done and I had her sitting on the island. I thought "I better get a few pics with my phone before she yanks the headband off". I caught this moment and cannot get over how much she looks like Sean and George here. This is a Dunagan face if I've ever seen one!
Mess #1848377 of that day
Even in December we had some nice weather days where we went down to the beach to see the birds. Harper started saying "birds" in her own little way and we would feed them. She is fascinated by them swooping down for food in the river.
The kids had their school Christmas parties and I went to help in their classrooms. Sophia has made friends with this sweet girl, Sammi. Here they are together having a fun day in class!
We had our annual cookie decorating with Bible Study friends. We have done this now for at least 10 years. It looks alot different now with all of the kids but it's always fun. This represents 5 families- Mays, Youngs, Martins, Spencers, and us. We were missing the Van Soest tribe!
Kids wanted some Christmas pj's so we found some Elfie ones at Walmart. They look so much alike to me at times...almost to the point of looking like twins. They have a great relationship. We joke all the time that we should just have them share a room because they sleep in the same room any chance we let them. Every weekend and some weeknights. They like being together. They have their moments of arguing but I see them always being close and getting along.
Just a little Superhero playtime in Grayer's room. Harper at times sounds like she calls him "bubba". It's really sweet. For some reason, she loves to be in his room. It's probably all of the Legos that she can get into.
Nothing much here other than it's funny that Harper looks like she's on her first roller coaster or something! All 3 of our littles in one cart at Lowes.
Christmas break started off right with the kids going to Nonnie's to make gingerbread houses. They had the best time! Abby and Emmy and Shelby joined in. They each made one to bring home and one to leave there. Poppie joked that they had a subdivision on the sofa table!
Christmas Eve at Aunt Vickie's is always chaos and fun....Aaron dressed up as Santa and held Harper. This was her first encounter with Santa...she wasn't a fan.
Christmas morning at home is priceless! Love to see our kids' faces light up and the true thankfulness that they always seem to have Christmas morning. Sophia received a karoake mic and and orbees spa set from Santa.
G man on the drums he got from Santa
First Christmas with all 3 of our kids!
In the days following Christmas, Sean had some time off so he and his dad took the kids hunting for the first time. Grayer had been dying to buy a bb gun. He was so proud of this and wanted to shoot it! Sean gave him some safety lessons and he likes to shoot it down at the river. Sean let him go for a duck across the river. He came in one day telling me he clipped a bird's wing across the river on the golf course. Haha! He elaborates a little maybe....
Quail! Sophia got right in there and even pulled off their heads and skinned them once home. Maybe a tomboy is in there somewhere!
This is Harper's favorite place to keep her hands. It's funny and sweet and a little embarrassing in public! She doesn't even realize she's doing it most of the time I think. I pick her up and she sticks her hand right in my shirt usually by my armpit. This child LOVES to be held on my hip. She's there a large part of the day.
Last monthly sticker pic! This is an accurate portrayal of what it was like getting the picture. She was eating the backing to the sticker, and throwing the pig around. Unbelievable that an entire year had gone by. What an amazing year it was!
No comments:
Post a Comment