Monday, August 25, 2014

June and July in a nutshell

Once we got back from vacation, it felt like June and July sort of zipped right by. We had so much fun on the river this summer going out in the boat! Our kids learned to ski on a trainer ski and finally started enjoying the tube. I learned to wake board and Sean got to work on his jumps on the wake board and even ski some. Harper started solids when we got back from vacation. Slowly at first. With her we are doing a combo of purees and giving her the whole foods to feed herself. It's called Baby Led Weaning, but it's really just feeding your baby whatever you are already eating for the most part, just with limited sugar and salt. 
 First time with a sippy cup! She pretty much just chewed on it.
 This picture was actually from our trip to San Diego, but I had to add it. She is so precious. We were sitting in the car and had just finished nursing. Those eyes....
 First try of puree- sweet potatoes. She wasn't too sure!
 Next try we did roasted sweet potato sticks. Now she really enjoyed it this way:)
 One of my favorite pictures ever. The kids had been at my moms all day playing and when they got home Harper greeted Sophia with this humongous smile. She was SO happy to see them. Melts my heart.
 Taking down those green beans one at a time
 Someone started to sleep on her belly! Made me a nervous wreck since she would put her face straight down into the mattress alot of the time. We moved Harper to her nursery when she turned 6 months. It was both exciting to have our room back but also sad to realize she wouldn't need to be in our room right next to us anymore. She still wakes once or twice at night to eat though.
 Celebrated Papa's 60th birthday!
 One of the comments I get the most about Harper is that she looks like a red head. I guess she sort of does compared to Grayer and Sophia.
 We made a trip to Lubbock to go to the dermatologist and take Grayer to a pediatric allergist. Poor guy has horrible allergies like Sean and is allergic to almost the identical things Sean is. We stayed with Shelby and went to get shave ice before heading home.
 Sweet time with cousins
 Our kids love to play on/off the boat on the river. After SeaWorld they pretend they are doing a cirque style show. They call it "La Manja" haha!! Harper and I like to watch. She usually takes a naked dip in her duck tub in the shade while they swim in the river.
 These dogs are making me earn my keep around here this summer. Between Mable's hip surgery fiasco/scratching face issue she has been in a cone since June pretty much (it's not August as I write this). Zoe now moves at a snail's pace, and only when she decides she wants to. The dog is obstinate. It's like taking care of 2 geriatric patients.
 Our church had VBS this year for the first time in a long time. The theme was Weird Animals! The kids had alot of fun. They got to write their names on this wooden cross. Grayer accepted Jesus into his heart on the next to last day there! I was standing at the back of the sanctuary when they asked who had never asked Him into their hearts but wanted to. I saw him shyly raise his arm, and put it down quickly. Then he prayed when they were led in the sinner's prayer. Sean and I prayed with him that day and made sure he understood what he had done. He definitely did. We are so proud that both of our children so far have made the decision for Christ on their own accord! Such a blessing to see them grow in their knowledge and love for Him.
 Being silly at VBS

 So Jolie talked me into cutting Harper's "mullet" as she called it! It was so long in the back that I trimmed off those whispies. It looked better but it's so hard to cut those first few locks!

 We got a rare invite from Ed to come over and pick tomatoes. The kids enjoyed some time with him and he gave them an awesome under the sea book. 
 Harper enjoying some of the foods we eat! Cantaloupe and broccoli
 Little one turned 6 months on the 30th....half a year already. Time does go by too fast. I took her in for her appointment and she weighed 16lb and was 25.5 inches long. Still my smallest baby to date, but a healthy chubby small as you can see in this picture:)

 Sophia getting ready to take off on the trainer ski. She cracks us up waving to everyone we pass and swaying side to side. Grayer on the other hand tries to jump and rock that thing when he sees people- guess he's trying to show off some moves.
 Zombie kids
 4th of July! Always one of our favorite holidays....we tie dyed some shirts for the kids to be matching. I even made a head wrap for Harps! We spent the first half of the day at home relaxing and swimming in the river, and the second half of the day at Nonnie's. Sean took the kids out on the boat that night for fireworks. I planned to go but Harper woke up crying right as we were about to leave, and we had just moved her to her room and had been working on her sleeping better so I stayed back. Still had a good show from our backyard!



 July 9th Grandma Opal celebrated 99 years on this earth! What an amazing thing to live that long of a life. We had a celebration for her at the Good Life and Connie had collected 99 letters for her. She actually ended up with more than that! I love pictures of her and Harper together. She loves this baby.
 Has to be one of the BEST pictures I have gotten of her. She would pout and cry every time this jewelry box toy would sing "ooh you're so pretty". At first I thought she was fussy because of something else, then I realized it was every time the song went off. I guess it scared her!
 Swimming in the river on a hot summer night
 Grayer took a British soccer camp this summer. He really enjoyed it and learned alot of new stuff. His coach's name was Tom. We went to the fields one night to watch and eat takeout on a blanket. The girls were playing on the blanket here.
 By 6 months Harper was really starting to get the hang of sitting up unsupported. She could sit for a few minutes at a time without falling. She started babbling "mama" alot more....and seemed to do it at appropriate times although I'm sure it's still just babble at this point.
 First little tooth poking through! She ended up cutting both bottom teeth within 5 days of each other at 6 months old.
 The boy loves the rubberband jewelry. He and Sophia can both make them!
 Aaaaaaand more of the dogs wearing me out. They started our pool and we had this huge trench dug for the plumbing. I pulled them out of the trenches at LEAST 5 times.



 2 teeth!!
 And just like that....she was 7 months old! On our home scale she was around 17 pounds. This picture below is adorable. She has the BEST personality. So lovable. So sweet. So content. Harper is the best thing we never knew we were missing but always needed. She completes our little family.

No comments: