The end of summer came but not before we soaked up all we could by going out on the boat and wake boarding and tubing. This year was especially bittersweet with summer ending because that meant Grayer would be starting school also, and that just makes me sad! Another end to a season of life....staying home with my little buddy. I'm so glad I have Harper June to hang with at least. Grayer and I have had many wonderful years at home just the two of us, but he was definitely ready for school.
My engineering minded son figured out an energy saving way to bring back the trash can
Sophia starts 3rd grade....her teacher this year is Pam Arnwine. She looks more and more grown up with each passing day!
I managed to drop my phone and break it right around this time that Grayer was starting kindergarten so I'm not sure where all the pictures are that Sean took. I do have this one though from the end of his first day. He is doing wonderfully in school. He is a Garza Gator, like Sophia was. He looks so much like her in this photo.
By this time, 7-8 months, Harper was sitting well to play toys. She loves to take all the stuff out of a bucket. She's babbling "mama" and "bubu" and trying to army crawl.
Grayer pulled his own first tooth. Both of my kids pull their own teeth! They manage to almost always do this when Sean is out of town. Why I don't know....
Sophia came home from school and informed me she tried on a friend's glasses and could see EVERYTHING! Haha! I guess it was time for an eye exam. We went and yes, she does need glasses for some near-sightedness. She picked out these really cute Candies glasses.
Our pool was getting close to finished. Little did we know it wouldn't be November until it was all done. However, it was swimmable for Labor Day weekend, which was good because we had a visit from some old friends, the Tomlinsons!
Grayer and Andrew hit it off and played so great the whole time they were here. Little buddies
Sophia and Emily were like long lost sisters. They called each other BFFs within 5 minutes of them arriving! We had such a wonderful visit. Love seeing old friends. It's like time has never passed.
We had our original bible study group over to swim and have dinner.
Many, many memories with this wonderful group of people!
No comments:
Post a Comment