The best way for me to catch up on all of this is to just go month by month! So here are some memories from March......
Celebrating her 2nd month!
Sophia won an award (at least 1) at every single 6 weeks. So proud of her.
Catching some of those first real smiles on camera
Daddy was out of town for work and I captured all 3 of them at bedtime to send to him
Grayer treating her like a little lady
Problem with headbands......
Someone was finally brave enough to get her ears pierced! And it turned out to be no big deal! She was so proud of them, as you can tell in the next picture:)
Grayer loves to wear bracelets and watches and things. He took over my fearless bracelet from our church's women's conference. And he learned how to make these rubberband fishtail bracelets on his fingers!
Blue eyed babes
First try in the bumbo!
Getting better head and neck control at 2.5 months
Harper loves to be read to. And Sophia loves to read to her! She was totally engrossed in this book.
I dont' know why I like pictures of my babies with things on their heads. But I do. And I have alot of them.
So sweet with her paci and lovey!
Snuggles with mom
Reading on the island, getting some tummy time in, right before bath
Those eyes........
T-ball started up! We were the Angels this year. Grayer rocked 1st base all season!
Cutest.bum.ever.
With her sweet daddy. We call her baby Sean sometimes. She looks quite a bit like him when he was a baby,
1 comment:
I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading about the great story about your ODD finally being brave enought to get her ears pierced. We did our ODD at about this age after three failed attempts with her backing out at the last minute. I originally wanted our girls to decide as well, however, we found when one girl gets something, the other wants it too. Sound familiar?
After piercing our ODD's ears, we came home, showed daddy and e really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had our YDD's daughter, aged 6 months old ears pierced too? I didn't know what to say, but then our 4 yr chimed in saying she wanted her baby sister to have matching earrings like hers. Don't know if your older daughter is as solicitous of her younger sister as ours. I told him maybe she was too young? Wrong.
Now my family was ganging up on me! Everyone wanted both girls to have their ears pierced!
The next day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our almost 4 yr had gotten a pair of my pearl earrings and was trying to put them in her baby sister's ears! She almost put one in her ear canal! Dh laughed and told me, I told you that you should have pierced both girls ears He said, "...please take her to have them pierced before we had to take her to the ER to remove an earring!
Well, I asked our ped about doing the baby girl. To my surprise, she encouraged me to do it now when mommy can care for them properly causing fewer problems. It was summer time and I had a little more time so guess what...both my girls got their ears pierced ears within a week. I let daddy hold our 6 month old since he wanted it done more than I did. Our ODD was so pleased to have earrings like mommy and now her baby sister. She never cried a tear. Our girls now have matching earrings. Both are adorable too.
Don't know if you've considered having YDD's ears pierced. Looking back, our ped was right, it actually was a good idea and it wasn't even mine. Since I was the only one who needed convincing.
If you've thought of having your YDD's ears pierced, maybe your mommy intuition is telling you to do it now. I know she'll be thrilled when she is older. Hopefully, you can avoid her sister or her putting one of your earrings in her ears wanting to be like mommy and her sister.
Amy
amyswor1765@gmail.com
Post a Comment