Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Moving and 1st Grade

We moved. Finally. Our house sold after 8 months on the market and we were out by the first weekend in August, before school started for Sophia. It's bittersweet to move and leave a house. So many memories there. Sophia was barely 1 when we moved into that house, and it's the house we brought Grayer home to. It was such a blessed home. Full of people and friends and dinners and games. We lived alot of really great life in that house! And we will miss it. BUT......we now are able to move forward with building our "forever house". We will see about that, but for now that's what we're calling it! We were there getting the last bit of stuff and saying goodbye to the house and the kids wanted to play outside one last time.
 We put Sophia's little feet in the concrete driveway when she was 10 months old:)
 Sweet brother and sister spending one last time together in the front yard

 cooking up a "feast"!

 a last pic of our beautiful home on la vina

 And......here we are in our rental house on Orchard Manor. Sophia started 1st grade on August 10th! But not before she fractured her radius doing cartwheels and ended up in a cast for the last few weeks of summer and first few weeks of school. She chose pink, and she's been a complete trooper the entire time so far. She really, really wanted a messenger bag this year and we found sparkly silver at Gap. The girl likes her bling.

 Still get asked sometimes if they're twins! You can see why from this picture. I love them so much.

 On our way in to Sunset Elementary where Dad went to school! Her teacher this year is Julie Meadors.
 Making her transition into 1st like a champ!
One last snuggle from brother before we left. I felt a little teary eyed leaving her, but was able to hold it together. That was until I left there and drove to the wrong house. Then I wanted to cry! I've driven to our old house several times already on accident. But we are all settled in here and I'm even painting a few rooms. I have to paint a little!

No comments: