Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We're still here!

Well it's been 3 months since I've posted! Yikes I have a ton to catch up on. Going to have to backtrack to late August, but I guess blogger has changed up a bit so of course it added my pictures in the reverse order. I'll start with the most recent stuff then......


 Last week we went to Nonnie's and had fun in the leaves! There are leaves EVERYWHERE at our rental house because of the pecan trees around us. We are swimming in them it seems!

Let me just say I was pulling leaves out of my hair for days after this!

Sophia made Grayer and I a "fancy dinner" in her bedroom last week. It was all made of play-do and she had set the table for us. Earlier she had confiscated a Souther Living magazine of mine and made menus by cutting out the food items. She glued them onto paper and titled it "good stop foods"! It was very cute. And on the wall (which you can't see) she had a sign that said "welcome to la tienda"!

Halloween was lots of fun this year. Sophia wanted to be Belle and so I made her a little costume which I think turned out cuter than the premade ones in the store. And Grayer was nothing other than Spiderman. He's mildly obsessed right now. Sophia wore a hairpiece that Sean then put on after the festivities were over. Hehe! Cracked me up.........

We painted pumpkins this year instead of carving. Sophia had a contest at school so she took the white one that we used puff paint on for the dotted web and Grayer wanted his to of course be Spiderman.

For Halloween at Sophia's school they dressed up like their favorite book character instead of traditional halloween costumes. She went as Fancy Nancy from the Splendiferous Christmas book. She fit this character well!

For my birthday in October I got a lot of sweet notes from Sophia. This is just one of the many she wrote for me:)

We went to Albuquerque mid October with the Van Soest family for lots of Fall fun. On Sunday we went to see the Lion King at Pope Joy Hall. It was incredible!

Did the Balloon Glow for the fiesta weekend.


And the awesome McCalls Pumpkin Patch!

Four sweet kiddos: Grayer, Brenna, Sophia and Reagan




Had Charise over one day and they morphed into superheros! Her face is awesome in this picture! Grayer will turn any game into a sword fight when he gets the chance. And he doesn't mess around- he really swings at you!

Grayer's class at preschool went to the pumpkin patch locally- here he is with his buddy, Tayden Kimbley. Grayer is really beginning to show his sweet personality at school. His teachers always say he is a great helper and kind to other kids.

This is random but one of my very favorite pictures of Mable. She is so much fun to love on, even though she growls at me!:)

After the first 6 weeks of school ended, they gave out the Respect award for Character counts. Sophia was chosen from her class! We were super proud of her. Her teacher, Julie Meadors, is pretty amazing. I get to help in her class on Thursdays and I really, really like her teaching style.


Late September we moved Grandma Opal to Carlsbad from Albuquerque. We are loving having her here and get to go visit a couple times a week!

This picture is just too funny! We got these "where's waldo" glasses and a game from Wendys and the kids were playing. Grayer looks like my dad as a little boy in this picture.

Grayer had an awesome soccer season with the Bears this year! We went undefeated over 12 games and kicked some serious booty. Like to the point we felt really bad for the other teams! Our boys and girl, Shayanna, were great together! Go Bears!! Grayer really got the concept this year and scored several goals every game.

Sophia left notes for Grayer in his room one night. Most of them were kind and sweet and then we found this one on the pillow. Oh mercy she is a funny girl! I especially like the eyebrows on the drawing:)

It's Thanksgiving week right now and as I sit here typing this the kids have friends over to play and there's lots of laughter and music going on. We are so blessed beyond measure. We have our health, our family, and everything we need and even want. God is so faithful to his children! We broke ground on our house last week and it's being framed right now. I took the kids over when the concrete was wet to put their little hands in. We wrote a promise of scripture in the concrete to declare over their lives: Jeremiah 29:11 "for I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

Well it's upside down and I can't flip it, but you get the picture! And that's what we've been up to the last 3 months! Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: