We are definitely moving into Fall........finally! And I am thankful for the "cooler" weather, meaning low 90s instead of triple digits. It's still supposed to be 97 this weekend, but most mornings fall is in the air and it's nice and cool. We have settled into a new routine since school started. Every morning I take Sophia, Bubba and Sissy (Jolie's kids) to Riverside school for either drop off or to catch a bus. This has gone perfectly smooth. Luckily, we haven't had one day where Sophia didn't want to go or has cried. She has done extremely well with the adjustment to school. After we take her to school, Grayer and I go running 3 days a week. Sean and I are training for the Rock n Roll San Antonio half marathon in November, so Grayer has become my running buddy on those weekday runs. We took advantage of the last of the hot summer weekends by stand up paddling on the Pecos River a couple of times. Here I am with Sophia in a life jacket on the front of the board.
This is fun......a pretty good arm workout too!
We bought season football tickets and our kids are finally old enough to go and sit through a game. They don't have a clue as to what's going on (nor do I!!) but it's fun to go. They got new Cavemen shirts for the year and like to have their faces painted.
Over Labor Day weekend "the men" went to Corkins Lodge in northern NM to fish, so "the women" went to Ruidoso for the weekend. We went shopping and had a good time. It even rained on us! Sophia's face in the picture above is priceless! It looks like something out of Ramona and Beezus. She was getting rained on and I guess was trying to cover up her new headband so it wouldn't get wet! I cropped this pic and cut out Kerri (not to be mean, but because I don't think she would want me posting a pic of her with a bag on her head!!) She was keeping that hair dry by any and all means!!
Grayer and Abby.........with Abby making a hilarious silly face. We were eating lunch at this little cafe and the kids were being crazy.
Grayer is slightly attached to Abby (or literally here!!)
We went into a really fun consignment shop and this sweet dog, Newt, was the owner's. He was letting the kids lay all over him and love on him. I wanted to take him home!
Shopping downtown Ruidoso
Following Labor Day, Grayer started back to Tuesday/Thursday preschool. He wasn't thrilled to go the first day, and cried when we dropped him off. But he is adjusting now and seems to be happy to go.
Grayer is in the 3 year old room- the Fish class! He has several kids in there from last year that he knows and is friends with.
Our little guy also started soccer this year! Sean is helping coach his team, the Bears. They are so much fun to watch. Doesn't he look like Sophia in this picture???
Grayer is quite expressive, as you can see here! He is giving Coach Brian an earful about something, using his hands to explain.......
Grayer in action......he actually made a goal first game!! Then promptly asked for his dollar that he'd been promised if he scored a goal!
Here's Grayer with one of his cousins that he has never really gotten to know until the past few months! Aedan is my cousin Trent's son. Trent has recently moved to Thailand and in the meantime his wife Annette, Aedan and new baby Ellie are hanging out here in NM until all of their paperwork is in order. We have been able to spend time with them and it's been wonderful.
I love taking pictures of the kids with the dogs. As morbid as it sounds, I want pictures of the dogs so that someday when they are gone we will have lots of memories captured. Our kids love our dogs. Our dogs love our kids. They are so sweet together. Big Zoe was having herself a big time in the floor on a pallet with me and the kids the other day while we were relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment