Thursday, August 18, 2011

All Good Things Must Come to an End......

This week has brought our family and Sophia to a new chapter in life! Our days of staying home together are over, as she started Kindergarten yesterday. I am really excited for her....she's definitely ready and happy to go. But there is still a part of me that will always want her to be home with me, like we've done for the past 5 years. She's been my little buddy for so long, the days feel strange and quiet without her here with me and Grayer. So far, he's enjoying some needed one on one time with me though. And she is adjusting just perfectly to our new routine. We had meet the teacher night on Tuesday, and she found out that her teacher is Mrs. Garza. The class mascot is the "alligator", so she's a gator!!




Finding her spot at the table


Sophia with Mrs. Garza


This is the first morning of school. She is so proud of her glittery backpack! It's almost as big as her though when it's on her back!


Sophia is riding the bus from Riverside Elementary school (not far from us) over to ECEC in the mornings, and then back there in the afternoons. It's a great setup, as there is an assistant from ECEC that rides with them, and there are only kindergarteners on there. She was a little nervous the first day, but didn't ever cry.




We were happy to see a friend from church riding the same bus as her!


All those littles getting on a big ol' bus. They look tiny!


We followed the bus to ECEC the first day and saw her off the bus and into the building. This is one last picture before she went off to class. We didn't follow her in there, because neither of us had cried and I didn't want to start!


The last few days of summer, I have started re-painting our master bedroom. The kids have always bugged me to let them paint the walls with me, so I finally caved and let them. The fun lasted about 10 minutes and they were over it. Here are their masterpieces!




How's that for some niche decorating?!!?? Sean put them up there being silly- they love it (for a few minutes)




They are pretty good little helpers in the kitchen. They were chopping tomatoes for Texas Caviar (or the bean stuff as they call it)


I found Grayer playing on the piano the other day. He's such a cutie. I hope that the next few years I have at home with him will be as precious as the ones I had with Sophia. It's time to start trusting in Jesus for all of those things we've prayed for our daughter over the past years, and continue to pray her through her school days. Life will never be the same!

No comments: