Monday, October 24, 2011

It's not fair......

It's not fair how fast time goes when your kids are small! There are days that I want to hit the pause button and just stay awhile. Or even rewind. I love every stage with them, but the idea that they will just keep getting bigger and older is kind of depressing sometimes:) They are just so innocent and sweet and still like to cuddle and be squeezed and kissed on. It will break my heart the day they don't want those kisses anymore. Until then I'll cherish every opportunity. October has been a pretty great month for our little family. Sophia won the first character counts award that her school gives out for the year. Each 6 weeks they focus on a different character trait, and the first 6 weeks was respect. She was chosen out of her class as the one to get the award! We were very proud of her. That's a pretty good trait to have I'd say:)

We went to the awards assembly and they did the Six Pillar Shuffle as a class. She wore yellow for respect. She kept saying "I was just so nervous and so excited that I got the award mommy!"

That Friday also happened to be Homecoming Friday and we didn't miss out on all the action. We did some face painting for the parade. Little Caveman right here.

Sophia assuming her picture pose. She thinks she must do this for every picture. Oh my she is such a girlie girl.

Displaying some of her very creative art. She drew and colored a hot air balloon, which I thought was really neat! Especially this time of year when NM has the balloon fiesta going.

And here is the face of the new Jedi! Sean introduced our kids to Star Wars. Dear Jesus help us all. Grayer is so into it and he shoved this foam "sword" down his pants! Got the blaster on the other hip. He was armed and ready.

Over my birthday weekend we went to Albuquerque for a weekend getaway. We love visiting Albuquerque. Especially when we get to see old friends and play at their house and just talk and hang out. And eat of course! We went to the Lucero's house and the kids had tons of fun with Jayven, Adria and Tess.

On our way home Sunday, we stopped at McCall's Pumpkin Patch in Moriarty. It is way more than a pumpkin patch- so much fun and lots for the kids to do. Problem was, it was really hot! We stayed about 2 hours and called it a day. Our kids seriously picked out the most distorted, funky looking pumpkins out of the patch but we didn't care because we were hot and ready to go.

Sweet sweet picture. Sophia asked me the other day if she and Grayer could be BFF's. After discussing exactly what a BFF is, I told her they SHOULD be BFF's always. Jesus gave them each other as a gift and they should always love and respect each other. I pray that over them constantly- that they will have a strong, loving relationship. It's so important.

On the hayride out to the pumpkin patch

My 32nd birthday. Man I'm getting old........

And this is Grayer's choice pumpkin! At least he could carry it a ways before getting too tired. Daily I am reminded at how blessed we are to have one another, to be healthy, to have freedom to love each other and Jesus without fear. I don't want to ever take for granted what He has given to us.

No comments: