What have we been up to? Well we've been thoroughly enjoying every day of summer so far. Cherishing these last few weeks of what we've known as "normal" for the last 5 years. Sleeping in (sort of.....as long as Grayer sleeps really), eating late breakfasts, and doing whatever feels fun that day. No work schedules, dance schedules, school schedules. All of that is going to abruptly end in August when Sophia starts kindergarten. It's very bittersweet. I am excited for her, and know she will do really well. But it's also saying goodbye to my days at home with both of them, and saying hello to a new chapter in our lives. I hope we....ahem, I..... am ready! In the meantime, we're going to relish every last minute this summer has to give us!
Grayer had a little tumble off of Sean's back in May and ended up with a fractured elbow. He survived, everything is healing just fine, and he's back to rough and tumble, not that he ever really stopped! Just as you can see that Sophia never really stops posing for pictures!
I finally caved and cut Sophia's hair short......she had been begging me for months and we decided to just do it since dance was over and we didn't have to do buns for awhile. It actually suits her personality really well. She adores her hair this way....and so do I!
Catnapping on Dad one afternoon while we were watching a movie- this happens sometimes after we swim early in the day. The sun just zaps it right out of them!
Just like zooming around like a superhero in his cool cape never gets old! He assumes this position alot these days, taking on the role of what he calls"metrocity"- which would be astroboy.
All of that superhero-ing makes for a tired little boy! This was early summer, when he really wouldn't venture too far off the steps or raft. Now we can't keep him still. He kicks all over the pool with those floaties on. He was destined for the water, since he was born into it!
Our precious boy turned 3 on June 12th! This was the first time ever I didn't plan a party in advance, and we just had a very low key get together with family. Sean and I were getting ready to go to Kauai in 2 days, and we just had a lot going on. Luckily, Grayer is 3, if you know what I mean! He didn't know the difference and was totally excited with the little party we did have for him. He is completely enamored with dump trucks, monster trucks, and anything else that's loud and has big tires.
Riding his supercool John Deere tractor with trailer! Grayer has entered a really "thankful" stage in his life, and he thanks us for just about everything all of the time. It's very sweet. I hope he always has a grateful heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment