I am behind on blogging! There's lots to catch up on, so here goes.......
In March we spent a week without Sean while he was gone to Las Vegas for work. We dressed up Mable Lou with a wig. Doesn't she look cute??!!??
We went to the park, where Grayer conquered the big old blue rocket slide. They've taken most of it down since we were kids, but left the rocket ship part with the wavy slide. He can climb up the very scant ladder now all by himself and loves to go down the crazy slide.
Middle of March some of our friends (Andy and Angie) got married, and Sophia was the flower girl. I didn't get a picture of anything but this. I don't know what was wrong with me that day. But, she was the flower girl and her "twin" Sam was the ring bearer. It was a fun day!
She was like an old pro, standing quietly and throwing out petals!
Back to when Sean was gone...........we went feeding the fish down by the "beach" area here. They are disgusting. It's fun for the kids, but I swear if one of us fell in we would be eaten. They are gargantuous, if that's a word. Nasty carp!! They will eat anything they even presume to be food. We've fed them so many times and the kids never get tired of it. They've eaten rice, popcorn, bread. You name it, they eat it. This is free entertainment when I don't know what else to do with the kids. Can count on those carp!!
I love pictures taken from behind. I think the kids each ate a hotdog bun we were supposed to be feeding to the fish. That's how it always works. They won't eat it when it's served for dinner, but then they want it when we're throwing it to the fish. Go figure!
We spent some "quality" time in the mall too, if you can call it that. Maybe 30 minutes?? The kids like to waste money on these little rides. Here they are on the school bus!
End of March- Sean and I ran our very first half marathon! We went to Midland and did the Midland Bloodgusher. I finished in 2:05 and Sean in 1:47. It was an awesome feeling to finish!
And some of Sophia's art. She makes me literally 3-5 pictures a day most days, so I can't keep them all. Taking pictures of her work is the best way I can think of to remember it. She painted these. Very artistic at 5...... It's fun to paint together!
We planted our garden again this year, praying that it will have better success than the past 2 years. Sean has come up with a different watering system so we're hoping it works better. Sophia got in on the action and helped plant.
Easter Sunday- I didn't even get a picture of the kids in their Easter clothes. Oh' well. We had lunch at Nonnie and Poppie's after church, and then the kids had their first ever fishing experience! Sophia caught a pretty big one, and I was up at the house so I didn't get a picture. Grayer had fun eating the hot dogs that were supposed to be on the end for bait. It was a good time!
And now the beginning of May-
We went to Albuquerque to see Grandma Opal and so Sean could run the Race for the Zoo half marathon. Grayer successfully ate with chopsticks at Pei Wei!
He played with Nonnie's reading glasses at Grandma's house!
We went bowling with some of our friends......at a bowling alley that looked freakishly like the one here. Here's Sophia and Jayven.
And Sophia with Tess

Sophia had her dance recital, which was so much fun to watch. She's come a long ways since last year! This was for her ballet number.
Sophia had her dance recital, which was so much fun to watch. She's come a long ways since last year! This was for her ballet number.
She and Emmy are in the same tap/jazz class. Loved their little gold sequined costumes. They got their dance on to Le Freak and Everybody Get up and Boogie!
And we went to have ice cream later that day to celebrate. Grayer put this stuff away! He loves to eat.
Rolling their tongues with Nonnie and Poppie! This was over Mother's Day weekend, which was lots of fun
No comments:
Post a Comment