Sophia is turning 5 this week! I am having a hard time believing that 5 years ago today was my due date with her. I can remember the nervous excitement we had, not having any clue really as to how this baby girl was going to forever change our lives. When I look at her I see joy, love, kindness, tenderness, creativity, and beauty. She is everything we could ever ask for in a daughter. It has been an absolute joy to be her parents for the past 5 years, and we can't wait to see what magnificent young lady God will grow her into. So, to celebrate our sweet girl's upcoming 5th birthday, we took her on a little trip to Albuquerque for lots of fun! Grayer stayed here so we could lavish our love on miss Sophia for 2 days solid. It was a wonderful time!
After a little birthday shopping trip to Target (where else would you even think of going??!!??), we took her to dinner at Red Robin. She was all for the waitress knowing it was her birthday, until she saw someone else get sung to. At that point, she was a little terrified and said "I don't want them to do that to me!!!". Well, they did. And she survived, even though she buried her face into my lap.
She and Sean went swimming at the hotel. That's quite an outfit she's got on there.....the classic Dorothy ruby red slippers and a swimsuit. Ha!
Sophia asked me to ride the carousel at the mall, and I said sure! Then she wanted to ride the spinning thing, and I said you're going to have to do that by yourself! Momma doesn't handle spinning AT ALL anymore. So she did. And she spun, and spun, and spun some more. I kept telling her to take a break, but she kept spinning and Sean kept on saying "she's fine!!". She was a bit dizzy when we stopped, but seemed okay. About 30 minutes later we were in the car headed to lunch and she announces that she's going to throw up! Luckily, we were able to unbuckle her from her carseat and get her out of the car just in time, and she didn't even get anything on her dress!! She finished and said "I'm hungry....I want mexican food!" I do think she learned a lesson though.....too much spinning = not so much fun/throwing up
Birthday girl waiting to go into Pope Joy Auditorium. We were there because we took her to see Wicked on tour! After seeing it in NYC, Sean and I both felt like she would like it. She loved it all....even the flying monkeys!
No comments:
Post a Comment