I have LOTS of pictures and stories from the last few weeks, so this is going to be a long post! I thought this picture of Sophia was a fitting way to start...HELLO!! Actually, this is her new pose for pictures. I'm not sure what she's trying to do, but it's kinda funny.
We started Christmas Eve off at Aunt Vickie's house for my mom's extended side of the family. There were 58 of us....yes, you heard correctly. Fifty-eight people in her house eating and opening presents. We have a very extended family on this side. It's lots of fun, lots of noise, lots of chaos, and lots of memories. "Santa" came to see the kids, so while he was making his way into the house, I took a few of the kids caroling up and down their street. This was a fun way to spread a little Christmas spirit to a few of the neighbors.
Dear ol' Santa and Mrs. Claus let each little kid sit on their laps, gave them a candy cane, and then passed out their presents.
After Vickie's, we went to Aunt Kerri and Uncle Scott's house to open presents with Sean's immediate side of the family. Poppie always reads the Christmas story out of Luke, and then the kids opened up gifts.
Grayer got this really cool loop car thing and he couldn't stop playing with it. He's getting very into hotwheels and little cars, monster trucks, and basically anything with wheels.
Christmas morning at our house! Santa brought Grayer a train table, and some other goodies. We had to wake both of our kids up at 8am! Don't hate us!! He slept so bad for so long that we are thoroughly enjoying the great sleeper he is now. In fact, I think we've had to wake Sophia up every Christmas morning since she's been born for presents (at least once she was old enough to open them).
She kept asking for a "tendo DS". Santa listened and that's what she got! Along with the walking dog that also pants, whines, etc.
After our house Christmas morning, we went out to my parent's house. Look at Grayer's little face....he really was excited about this remote controlled truck.
Sophia took her sweet time opening presents. She's very patient and methodical. She doesn't just rip into them. I actually had to help her open some just so we could get through them!
He is growing up too fast for me......this little outfit made him look like a little man, I tell you! He had on his new "towboy boots" and this sweater that Namrata gave him. It was precious.
Emmy, Sophia, and Abby. These girls are the 3 amigas. We have a great time with them. Christmas was wonderful, and we all had lots of great time with family. The older our kids get, the more I realize that Christmas is for our kids, and I just don't care about gifts and such anymore. It's so much fun to see the excitement through their eyes. But most of all, it's amazing to see them begin to grasp the truth of Christmas- the birth of Christ. Without Jesus, we wouldn't have all of the celebration. Lord, help us to always remember, not just at this time of year.
Well, Christmas was over and we headed to Albuquerque for a few days with Kerri's family. First stop.......Build-a-Bear to let the kids go hog wild with some money they'd been given!
And in true Sophia fashion, she picked out a dainty bunny, high heels, and a glittery dress. This bunny's name has changed more times than I can count. Last I heard, her name was CiCi.
Shelby's boyfriend, Matt, came along for the trip. We all went to Papadeaux's for dinner that first night. And then Shelby, Kerri, and I went to the movies. Black Swan = disturbing. That's all I have to say about that.
Went to Albuquerque Jump and let the kids get LOTS of energy out (and us too a little!). Okay, maybe us alot. In fact, Sean may have even skinned up his elbow performing flips and tricks on the bouncers that the rules on the wall specifically said NOT to do. We won't tell....
And of course we always go see sweet Grandma Opal when we're there. Amazing woman, at 95 years old, with all of her great-grandchildren on our side.
Me and Kerri in some of our new clothes we found that day shopping....in the SNOW.....and freezing cold. It was wonderful. We finally had some cold weather!
Grayer' didn't make it into this picture. He was probably running around the table or something. Lots of meals out at restaurants can be a bit challenging with a 2-year old, but he's really good overall.
And we pulled back into Carlsbad, and had friends over 30 minutes later for some New Year's Eve fun. After dinner, the girls curled up in the floor to watch Tinkerbell. From left to right - Charise, Audrey, Sophia, and Ellis
Watch out world.....this rockin' little band of girls just may be coming your way soon!
I pray everyone has a blessed 2011! I'm determined to make it the best year yet. Sean and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage in June, Sophia will turn 5, Grayer will turn 3, and there will be lots of fun and memories made! God has tremendously blessed my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment