All I can say is that we have been having some c-r-a-z-y weather down here! Last weekend it was beautiful, warm, and we were able to play outside, and then Tuesday there's snow everywhere. It's wild. But, we make do with what the weather throws us, and we either have fun indoors or out. So, last Monday (before the snow) I took the kids to the Living Desert. Now, from my standpoint, this is not the greatest zoo in the world or the most fun to walk through. In fact, over 50% of the exhibits are empty, which is kind of a bummer. But, to the kids, it's wonderful and fun, and they don't really care what they see, so long as they get to run around and occasionally see an animal or two. We did, however, get to see Maggie the Bear, which was pretty exciting. And, we were the ONLY ones in the park, so we had it all to ourselves on this cloudy, cool morning.
that would be Maggie the black bear in the background
One of my little kitchen elves in his lovely leopard print apron! I have an apron for Sophia, but Grayer was insistent upon having something on, so Sophia went and pulled out this apron from my pantry. It's actually a half apron of mine, but with a little tying around the waist, er boobies, it fit Grayer pretty well! He thought it was fun stuff.
Sophia posing on her stool. Let me tell you, by the way, that these stools have the potential to drive me mad. Grayer totes one around the house now literally everywhere he goes, and manages to get into everything. Drawers. Lights. Water. You name it, he can reach it. I guess I could just put them away, but it is pretty cute hearing him say "sool" while he carries it around.
Sean went to his parents' house the other day to clean out some stuff from his old closet, and he brought home this cowboy hat. Apparently the first cowboy hat he ever owned (and probably the last!). The kids are having lots of fun taking turns with it. And yes, she still sucks her thumb. And no, I'm not worried about it!
I found her asleep the other day like this during her nap. That big ol' pink thing?? Well, that would be a ginormous stuffed horse that my sister gave to her awhile back. It's huge and takes up tons of space, but we love her anyways!
Sophia sucks her thumb while twiddling her ear, and Grayer rubs the back of his head to relax. Especially when drinking his beloved cup of milk. This child would turn into a cup of milk if I let him. It's the first words out of his mouth when he wakes up. "Milk". I wanted to catch it in a picture in case I forget someday that this is what he does to calm himself down or when he's tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment