Friday, August 14, 2009

Silly Hats & Blow Fish Balls

Not too much new our way over the past few weeks. Sean leaves for Lake Tahoe for a week on Sunday, so the kids and I will be flying solo for awhile. We're planning a short trip to Odessa to see my Aunt Rita, cousin Barbi, and baby Bella! It will be a nice break in the middle of what will probably be a long week!! Other than that, we're spending this weekend moving stuff around in the house. Sophia is moving into a queen size bed that we've had stored for awhile, and we're going to put her daybed/trundle in our study for the time being until Grayer needs it someday. This way we have a place for company to sleep when they come visit. Grayer walks everywhere now, and it's so precious to watch him. I love when babies first start walking, because they just look so small to be doing such big stuff.
Grayer is a slight bit attached to these blow fish balls. He LOVES them. I mean, the kid seriously loves these things. So much in fact, that I bought 4 of them the other day so we won't have to fight over them anymore! The other day we were playing dress-up in Sophia's room, and I stuck this purse on his head upside down like a little chef's hat. Now, he finds it and tries to put it on himself. Sean and I are catching glimpses of what his personality is going to be like, and we think he's going to be funny and try to make people laugh. He tells us no now by shaking his head (with meaning), signs more and all done, and is trying to say lots of words (dada, nana, may may).
And here's miss Sophia "blowing a bubble" with her gum (aka letting it hang out of her mouth until it falls and gets stuck in her hair!). This girl is so much fun, and she's smart as a whip.

Somehow he managed to pick up all 5 of these and carry them around. It took him awhile to get them all in his little hands, but he wouldn't give up until he did! Let's hear it for those fine motor skills - Woo Hoo!!!

one more tribute to purse head

Daddy and his sweet kids

No comments: