Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Really Great Day

Today I am so thankful at what a wonderful day it's been. There hasn't been anything out of the ordinary happen - just everyday life. But, we had a whole day at home together as a family. This morning I made pancakes, and then Sophia and I painted while Grayer took a nap. Then we worked on planting new flowers in our flower beds, made paninis for lunch, and got to watch Grayer enjoy his first bits of grilled cheese sandwich. After lunch we went out back since the weather was beautiful today, and the dogs got a bath while Grayer played in the swing and Sophia played in the water and sandbox. We cleaned up the patio and threw away junk that needed to be thrown away a long time ago. When the kids took a nap in the afternoon, Sean and I got to spend some time together and I worked on a painting for a friend. Then we ran to the store when they got up and bought some more flowers and stuff for the yard. We grilled out for dinner, went and got ice cream and took it down to the Flumes to walk around and enjoy the river. Played some more when we got home, and now Sophia is sitting in the floor learning to write her name and identifying numbers (Sean is working on that!) Grayer just fell asleep in my arms, smelling clean and sweet like a baby does, and we are going to watch a movie together once Sophia goes to bed. I am so blessed!! Today God showed us His goodness in the simple things of life. Thank you, Lord, for today.

No comments: