Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My Don't Day

The past few weeks we've been trying to stay healthy, but coughs and icky noses have made their way into our house. Yesterday was a rough day. I'll call it a "don't" day. I think I spent most of my time telling Sophia "don't do this....don't do that". She was literally into everything. I try to use the reverse of that, and instead say "Sophia, do this", but sometimes it's hard! She's become quite mischievous when I am preoccupied with Grayer. I found her in my makeup bag, and she had dug her finger all the way to the bottom of my favorite lipstick. Then I found her in the junk drawer, and she had smeared lip gloss all over the bottom half of her face. Ahhh....and the pencil drawings all over her bathroom wall. I am learning to pick my battles, since if I chose to fight all of them, it would be a full-time job. I love her curiosity and independence, yet it manages to get her into trouble sometimes. I am truly learning more about patience every day.

I was cleaning out the van in the garage, and needed somewhere safe to put Grayer. The laundry basket worked just fine!

Giving brother a kiss...just one of about 500 per day

So proud of her apron. She got the cutest little baking/cooking set for Christmas, and she put it to good use making "tomato soup" while I was cooking dinner. She put water, cut up cherry tomatoes, and bread crumbs into her dish. Yummm!!

Pics from Sean's suprise 80's party that I had for him when he turned 30 a few weeks ago. It was tons of fun to see everyone dressed up. Let's be glad we are past those days.

The funny thing is that it wasn't hard at all to find 80's gear. All I had to do was go to Claire's and I found leg warmers, fingerless gloves, jelly bracelets, and fishnet tights. Is it strange that these things are so readily available and it's 2009??

No comments: