Monday, February 25, 2013

We all turn to lambs.....

February 25, 2012

Sophia said the sinner's prayer with me tonight and asked Jesus to live in her heart. I couldn't be more thankful! I asked her if she knew what it meant to be a Christian and she said yes. To her it means that you've asked Jesus to live in your heart, you believe in him and love him. We talked about the forgiveness of sin and I asked her if she'd ever prayed for this. She said yes at church once in the 4 year old class. I have no idea how this escaped us or why she didn't tell us, but I took the opportunity to pray with her tonight now that I know she fully understands. We prayed together and after I told her how thankful and proud I was that she made this decision, I explained that the bible says when we ask Jesus into our hearts God writes our names in the Lambs book of life. She looks at me and says excitedly...."I didn't know we all turn to lambs!!" So precious! This is one of our greatest days with our sweet girl.

1 comment:

ksklein said...

Yeah for Sophia! And what a blessing for you all! I pray for this to happen with our kids one day too. So awesome you got to be the one to pray with her.