Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Am Thankful

Last night I had a great opportunity to teach Sophia a lesson on being grateful. After a serious meltdown about her hair being "ugly", when we were already running late for church, I reminded her first of all that God doesn't care what her hair looks like, but also that there are lots of children who don't have hair because they are sick, and she should be thankful that she even has some! I wonder how many times we think we have it rough, if we would just remember other people's situations, it would put ours into perspective. I know that my problems are so minor in comparison to other things that people I know and love are going through. Thanksgiving shouldn't just be a season or holiday we celebrate, but our heart's attitude. I want to have a thankful heart. So......here are some precious things that I'm thankful for.

my beautiful Sophia, who blows me away everyday with just how smart and sweet she is

my Grayer boy.....I love that he loves me more than life, that he's a good eater, that he has crazy hair, and too many other things to list

that this Daddy loves his daughter, and shows her what a Father's love is really all about. Thank you, Sean. I am also VERY thankful for you. You make life fun. I love you.

Playing at home with the kids, and watching them enjoy the things I did as a kid, like climbing all over daddy when he's in the floor.


A camera that captures our sweet moments in time.....and fun outside

Sophia's love for interesting things. She's showing me her "jewels" on her shirt here.

Grayer's exploring, mischeivous side....he's showing me what it means to raise a boy! And I'm thankful for the opportunity to raise a boy and girl....what fun.

My sweet bassets....MableLou and ZoeMay. They love us even when we have bad breath, ugly hair, or don't deserve it. They're so loyal.

Seeing life through a child's eyes....the innocence and fun


There are lots of other things to be grateful for, and I hope to remember them daily and not just once a year when we're called to remember them. Thank you to family and friends who make our lives blessed and full.....we love you. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Sariahfied said...

I have tears in my eyes! You are so right! I get so caught up in my little problems, I loose sight of all my many blessings!!! Heavenly Father has blessed my life abundantly! Thanks Tara!
Hus,
Sari

Sariahfied said...

I would love to take your pictures! We are not coming to C-bad until Christmas eve, so maybe the 26th, I think we might be coming back to Las Cruces around the 27th.
Hugs,
Sari