I usually don't write very long blogs, but this one could be a record for me. I wanted to tell about my birth experience and share what is on my heart. First off, I had 9 months to meditate on the scripture Psalms 37:4 " Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart". I had a beautiful first birth with Sophia, but there were a lot of things that I really wanted for this birth that were different than my first, so I held onto this scripture alot. So for my whole pregnancy, I really tried to enjoy spending quiet time with the Father, and I prayed alot that all the things I was desiring, He would answer. I won't say that at times I wasn't anxious or skeptical. There were alot of unknowns. Would I make it Roswell on time, or would I have a baby in the car on the side of the road? Would I have a natural labor and delivery like I really wanted, or would I have to have an induction like the first time? Would I get a birthing suite with a tub, or would all the rooms be full and I have to take a regular room? I could have spent a lot of time worrying about all of this, but instead I chose to focus on the fact that my Father loves me with an everlasting, unconditional love that I will never fully understand. He wants all the best for me and nothing less. So, here I am 39 weeks pregnant and continuing to believe that all that I have been praying over for the last 9 months is about to come to pass. Sure enough, on a Wednesday night at about 9pm my contractions start up like clock-work every 4 minutes. They don't stop.....they keep coming. I am so excited at the thought that I have actually gone into labor on my own. We finally decide to head up to Roswell, and the car ride is surprisingly easy. I get to Roswell Regional Hospital, and I am the only woman in labor. I have the choice of any labor and delivery suite I want. I am admitted and start walking the halls. I make great progress in just 1 hour. The midwife that I really wanted to deliver my baby just happens to be the one on call this night. She comes up to the hospital and doesn't leave my side for 3 hours. I labor in the tub like I had wanted, without an IV, without hospital garb on, and without a monitor strapped to my belly. I felt very comfortable and at peace. I keep making steady, fast progress and realize that I really am going to do this naturally and in the birthing tub. I pushed for 3o minutes, all the while with my Rita Springer worship CD on in the background, and at 5:36 my beautiful baby boy comes into the world right as the sun is rising through the window. It was everything I had ever desired and more so. I know this all sounds pretty deep for one of my blogs, since they are usually about what the kiddos are up to, but I write all of this to say that I serve a mighty God, and my Father is so, so good to me. I know that things could have gone very differently, and I still would have a healthy baby boy in the end. But, my God is so faithful and I am so thankful. Thank you for blessing me, Father.
2 comments:
this brought tears to my eyes. what a beautiful experiance. thank you for sharing. jessica
Tara- you are so awesome, and this says it all! Our God is an awesome God, and He loves you so very much!! I love you very much, too:)
Love, Your Big Sister
Post a Comment