This week preschool started again for the kids and I'm back to work 6 hours a week at Loving Schools while they're at preschool. It's a great setup, but it also makes me miss the days of summer when we didn't have much on the agenda for the day. I'm realizing more and more clearly just how fast time is really going by, and how before I know it, my precious kids will be all grown up. It makes my heart ache. I don't want them to get bigger. I kinda want to freeze them right now just where they're at......when they're still so innocent, so free, and no real cares that burden them. I also don't think I'm too excited about the idea of an actual routine that we'll have to follow next year when Sophia starts public school. Following a school schedule. Being up every.single.morning at an early time to get ready for school. Having her under another adult's care and instruction other than mine for the majority of her day. It's going to be a major change. One that I'll have to tackle with alot of prayer to keep all those fears and anxieties in check. But, until then I'll cherish this last year of having her "at home" with me, other than those couple of hours in preschool. And I can't forget about Grayer. My sweet boy who is turning into a little man right before my eyes. Gone are the days of hauling around a diaper bag, hook on high chair for restaurants, and pack-n-plays when we travel. Even though he's still in diapers, he's spending more and more time on the potty learning what goes on there, and he sleeps in his big boy bed now. sigh. Now some pictures to celebrate our last days of summer......
Sophia has taken on quite the caregiver role for the dogs. Here she's "tucked" Zoe May in. You can tell that Zoe is really hating this.....
First day of preschool 2010. Looks like all is well here, but once we got into the car Grayer started crying. And he cried all the way into the building.....and down the hall.....and into his class. He had a rough first day. Sophia just marched right into class and got down to business. She's a pro at this since it's her 3rd year there.
First soccer game of the season! Sean and I are coaching Sophia's U5 team -the Stars. We have 6 little cuties on the team, 4 boys and 2 girls. Five out of six scored a goal first game!! Sophia's goal was so exciting to see! After the game, her Nonnie said "Sophia, you were so brave out there!" To which Sophia said in her sweet little way "I don't have to be afraid Nonnie. Jesus lives in my heart". And that made me cry (tears of joy of course)
Last week I took Grayer in for a haircut. His hair had gotten totally unruly. Well, sadly this is what we came home with. All those curls and pretty brown hair gone. Buzzed almost. Luckily for him, it grows really fast so within the week it's already filled in alot. It just wasn't what I wanted or asked for, but it's just hair. I'm just thankful he's healthy and has some, so if it's a bad haircut, it's his first but probably not his last.
Love this picture. It takes me back to all of those nights in our living room dancing with my dad. The kids love to turn on music at Nana and Papa's and dance. My dad's a great dance partner. Sweet sweet memories that I now get to see happen with my kids.
I set the kids up with shaving cream intending for them to keep it on the table cloth I'd laid down. Yeah right! It ended up all over their chairs, the floor, and covered them from head to toe. They had to have a shower afterwards to rinse it all off, and I had to mop and clean up the chairs. It was fun though!
Oh my. Just a picture of Sophia doing her usual pose for photos. We were heading up to the Living Desert to see the animals on a cloudy, cool morning at the end of summer.
1 comment:
oh Tara, feeling the same way as you about our last year. I wonder when Grayer is going to pass Sophia up...in that last pic he looks not to far behind. There is a world of diff b/w Ellie and Tristan...she's super tall and he's kinda short.....
Love seeing the pics.
Post a Comment