Sunday, December 20, 2009

Little Blessings

Some days I overwhelmed at what joy and fun these two little people bring into our lives! Sophia and Grayer are so precious......they have sweet little personalities and make us laugh and smile just by being who God created them to be. They are amazing gifts given to us and we are thankful! Here are some new pics from December.............

Yesterday we endured the torturous wait at procuts for a haircut.....never again! I've had their hair cut at the place where I go before, and I'll definitely go that route again over procuts. Nothing against the haircuts, but waiting an hour isn't too much fun:( His hair looks much better than this, but we hadn't fixed it yet. It really needed cleaned up after my attempt at "shaping up" his hair!

Sophia had a couple inches trimmed off of hers. She wants short hair, but until she lets me blowdry and actually fix it, that's not happening! For now, we need to be able to put it up still.

This week we had the kids' preschool Christmas program, and one of the sweet moms sent gingerbread houses home with all of the kids in her class. I was making sugar cookies and icing for my Wed. class, and let Sophia use some of the icing to spread onto her house. She ate most of it I think.

This child and his obsession with these squishy balls......we liken them to Sophia's little stuffed animals, which are kind of her "lovies". He wants them all the time, everywhere. We were joking about where all he manages to put them.....these two pictures were taken within 5 minutes of each other. The one above is his shape sorter and then a laundry basket below. But his favorite is to hide in the pantry and put them in the crockpot!


Reading books in the rocker with sister. All of a sudden, Grayer is talking alot more. He is repeating a ton, and this week alone he said these new words: trash, hair, ears, Dora, star, lights, Joji (for Jolie). It's so much fun when they start communicating with words more. I guess this is his version of the 18 month old language explosion!!!

Aahhhhh...Sophia's favorite animal. It used to be purple lambie, but she's moved on to this little doggy named Burdy. She was Sophia's reward for sleeping in panties at night with no accidents. She's been the choice stuffed animal for the past couple of months.

where does this smile come from, I don't know?!

eating some oreos - it was a black grin just right before we snapped the picture

Sophia was in our church Christmas play last weekend, called The Best Christmas Present Ever. She was a lamb and sang a little duet with another almost 4 year old at the end. They sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus". Made me cry it was so sweet. Maybe I can upload some video when I get it all figured out. I hope these children know just how much they are loved, first by the Father and then by mommy and daddy.

No comments: